Larnaca is a city on the southern coast of Cyprus and the capital of the eponymous district. It is the third-largest city in the country‚ after Nicosia and Limassol. In the city centre an area just off the main promenade called "Laiki Yeitonia" fulfils the need for most Bars and Small scale Nightclubs.
- The Church of St. Lazarus (Ayios Lazaros Sq)‚ an Orthodox church dating to the 9th century‚ is reputedly built around the tomb of the biblical Lazarus‚ brother of Mary.
- The Larnaca Salt Lake is to the west of town near the airport. In winter (November to March)‚ flocks of pink flamingos can be seen here.
- The Hala Sultan Tekke mosque is perched by the side of the Salt Lake.
- The tomb of Umm Haram‚ the foster mother of Mohammed‚ is said to be here.
- Faneromeni Church (Ekklisía tis Faneroménis)‚ This mashup of various architectural styles used to stand in the centre of the city – until 1974. There is a marble mausoleum next to it.